NABA Small Business and Tax is partnering with the Internal Revenue Service Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program!
VITA has been one of the IRS most visible public service programs, helping thousands of low to moderate income individuals annually prepare simple tax returns and claim the Earned Income Tax Credit. The VITA program relies almost exclusively on volunteers. Volunteers receive free tax law and tax preparation software training coordinated by the IRS.
VITA Volunteer Tax Instructor:
- Train-the-trainer for volunteer instructors will be held in November-date TBD.
- VITA instructors must be certified, at minimum, to the Intermediate Level.
- Classroom training for volunteers is scheduled at various times, depending on the needs of the VITA partner who is hosting the site. Most classes are scheduled in the evenings; 2-3 days; 6-9 pm.
- VITA training ends January 18th, 2013.
- VITA sites in Miami-Dade County open January 28, 2013.
VITA Volunteer Tax Preparer: prepare simple tax returns for just a few hours each week and/or a few hours on Saturdays during the Tax Season. Now is the perfect time to give back to the local community by assisting at one of the many VITA sites located throughout Broward and Dade County.
Taxes are prepared free of charge on computers and e-filed for low-to-moderate income (under $50,000) taxpayers in the five county areas. So if you are looking for a way to help in your community, then you should consider becoming a VITA volunteer.
The Internal Revenue Service provides the material and manages all aspects of the training. Volunteers are required to pass a computerized test in order to become a qualified preparer. Volunteers who complete the training and pass the test will be asked to prepare taxes one or two half days a week during the tax filing season, mid-January to April 17.
If you are interested in becoming a Dade volunteer please contact Small Business and Tax at
with your full name, location you would like register for. Please indicate whether or not you are a returning or first year volunteer and preparer or instructor.
Join NABA Small Business and Tax and help our VITA volunteer team reVITAlize our community!